After a week of showing you all Al Gore’s presentation on climate change, I thought it was about time I added some information through the blog. At the right hand side of this page you will now find a blog roll category entitled “Climate Change”. Most of the links are international networks, organisations, institutions and research bodies – all very reputable.
Here are some questions for you to think about:
1. What are the real and practical relationships between the following business processes and climate change:
supply management, production management, sales management, marketing, company finance?
2. How has business communication changed since the year 2000 in relation to climate change?
3. How has business culture changed in relation to climate change since the year 2000?
4. How have different national and regional cultures changed in reaction to climate change since the year 2000?
5. What are the connections between background cultural changes in regions and countries and changes in business culture?
There are 4,000, 000 other questions to ask – and to answer. See if you can find some answers to the above 5 questions by looking through the links on this blog and applying what you learn in your Language and Culture for Business classes. This is the kind of thing I wouldn’t mind talking about (briefly) as part of the warm up in an oral exam!
Here’s a poll:
I’d be really interested to hear what you all think about the topic of climate change as it relates to culture and business. Don’t be shy about commenting or writing to me!